Sep 3, 2007

From the drafts in my mail..unedited
The perfect way of pretending to be working while Im actually blogging. Open a word document or a powerpoint, the better if it is the current project you’re working on, start typing somewhere in the middle in the same small font. When you are done, just open blogger, copy paste the post and publish. Whoosh! Important point is of course, not forgetting to delete it from the report / presentation you pretended to be busy with. Or else, it could lead to you being fired and your company sued. Ghastly a thought to imagine our clients reading the melancholic and sometimes downright cribby posts right in the middle of a feasibility study for a multi-crore real estate project. :D But I can’t help it. The new workplace I am seated in is situated right in the way of a busy walkway towards the pantry and the loo beyond, which makes it very easy for bored employees to just have a peek into my comp while on their way to another leak. As was proved by the senior from Bschool I chanced upon and who has since commented more than once on what I am doing. Searching for more seniors on Orkut??, she purrs coyly, while I am flabbergasted as to how did she see what I was doing on Orkut. Yeah, I was checking her out, among others. It was definitely easier in the Delhi office where I simply pretended I was drafting an email to a friend. The only raised eyebrows I had to encounter were those of Tania, who kept grumbling why noone ever wrote her so long mails. I finally had to tell her that it was in fact a post for my blog. That made her curious and she wanted to read me. I politely refused.

By the way, my new maidservant speaks English. Sis did warn me of it when she called to tell me that she’d managed to fix her up to clean the place and wash clothes. Next morning, a Saturday, a groggy me hears the knocking on the door (the doorbell doesn’t work). I get up and peer through the peephole to see a thinly yet cheery woman on the other side of the door. I open it up and I am greeted by a ‘Good Morning’. That drove half my sleep away, my Saturday morning. The next day she took out the newspaper from the latch and handed it to me on the way inside. Bade bade shehero mein aisi chotti chotti baatein hoti rehti hain.

I am enjoying the new house. It is, as written earlier, the first time I have a place to call my own. The cosy one room apartment is something I look forward to at the end of my day. Even as I right now have no means of entertainment, courtesy the broken Thinkpad, I still yearn to get back to it. I have yet to figure out the Internet and the daily newspaper, a fridge to keep milk, water, fruit juice and beer (in that order), a television sometime later this year and a music system. But it has my bed and sky blue bedsheets, the few books Ive managed to keep with myself and a few trinkets. By the next week I shall also have a few potted plants.
And as I stood by the window of my place, watch the rain beating down the tin roofs two floors down, a few words kept looping in my head.

Aazmaale aazmaale aaj khud ko aazmaale
Phirta hai kab se yeh dil sambhaale
Bol ye lab pe ruke hain
tere sajde mein jhuke hain
Pal pal bhikre hain kitne ujaale
Kya karoon kya sochta hai
chain dil ka dhoondta hai
Apni kismat ko jagaale
beech ka parda uthaale aazmaale
Aazmaale aazmaale aaj khud ko aazmaale
Phirta hai kab se yeh dil sambhaale
Bol ye lab pe ruke hain
tere sajde mein jhuke hain
Pal pal bhikre hain kitne ujaale
Apne gham se khelta hai, dard kitne jhelta hai
Sochta tu aur kuch hai, aur kuch tu bolta hai
Apne dil ko tu manaale
beech ka parda uthaale aazmaale
Aazmaale aazmaale aaj khud ko aazmaale
Phirta hai kab se yeh dil sambhaale
Bol ye lab pe ruke hain
tere sajde mein jhuke hain
Pal pal bhikre hain kitne ujaale

Kashmakash ko chhor de tu,
rukh hawa ka mod de tu
Khaali pe maana hai tera,
ho sake to tod de tu
Ek nayi mehfil sajaale
beech ka parda uthaale aazmaale
Aazmaale aazmaale aaj khud ko aazmaale
Phirta hai kab se yeh dil sambhaale
Bol ye lab pe ruke hain tere sajde mein jhuke hain
Pal pal bhikre hain kitne ujaale
Kitne ujaale, kitne ujaale, kitne ujaale

- Taxi 9211

7 comments:

dobereinerr said...

Bro, I don't quite know what it feels like to have a place I can call my own. But I can guess that it must be pretty uplifting.

N don't worry, things will fall in place, refrigerator beer n all!

Aazmaale!

Kunal said...

well...even though technically it aint mine, i can use it the way i like for 11 months...so...

and yep, things are falling into place...:)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

it must be such a happy cozy feeling to have a place of your own....i went thro' a similar phase not long back and i still smile how every other evening we'd go out to find something for every corner that we wanted to do up :)
have a good time , Kunal.....:)

Kunal said...

the difference is that i am doing it all by myself...:)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

that doesn't take away a thing from having a place to call your own :)

Kunal said...

:)

Black Tulip said...

smiley(s) in the air! :D

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!