May 28, 2009

Yesterday, a colleague told me that I am one of the few uncomplicated people she's known. I can't say she doesn't know me. In the recent two years Ive grown older, with the newfound independence I have come to realize some harsh truths of life. I can't say Ive learnt enough, I never will. But the learning has certainly numbed me. I look back at my designs from Architecture school, I look back at some of the designs I created in B-school, many of the posts Ive written here and elsewhere now seem so alien that I wonder if i can ever do anything similar today. It's a realization that has taken its time to seep in, that I'm just another drop in the Ocean and that chiildhood dream of being someone was just that, wishful thinking. Yes, I have half of my life ahead of me (perhaps!), but I don't imagine it to be much different that the past. Just another brick in the wall, as was written.

5 comments:

Neha said...

"But what is in the past remains unchanged, doesn't it?"
"I think it does change. The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind, Bose."
- The Inheritance Of Loss.

No issues with that. Life takes a new turn every day, although some things do remain the same and it's great going back to them.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

what bent of mind is this?????I dont like it!!!!!! :)

Kunal said...

the mood in which i think i think its all pointless... :D

Black Tulip said...

uncomplicated? and you? hmmm.... i wouldn't say i agree :)

Bambi said...

Uncomplicated? Hmmmm

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!