Jun 27, 2006

But It Rained...

It was dark when I woke up today. Dark clouds. Luckily I got to the cab pickup point before it started pouring. And I was lucky, apparently it was raining cats and dogs in Delhi. And it was an amazing drive to Delhi. 'The Kite Runner' had to wait. I couldn't take the chance of missing that beautiful moment when the rain is pattering on the windshields, cool breeze in my hair and the dark grey clouds in the foreground.

They reminded me of my drawings in primary school. I think drawing classes then were one of my most uncreative times. Invariably, for most classes and for every exam, I used to paint the same picture - hilltops in the distance, a rivulet emerging from a valley in between (snaking down), a brown and green foreground and a reddish brown hut. The hut had one door and three windows and crossbars. When I felt interested enough, I'd draw a few shrubs and red berries or flowers, a human figure - or two. And that was the worst, I never knew how to draw hands - they always looked like paws...or hand gloves. Draw it all first on the paper with pencil and then fill the colors. The Camlin water color set that had 12 circular cakes of dry color and a brush, a bowl of water was needed to wet the colors and put it on the paper. Again, the same grey shades to the sky. The paper would bend and warp because of the water, always more than required and the bowl of water was muddy brown, or black, at the end.

Funny.. .school days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u cant draw?!! And to think that ur an architect! LOL!! Now now, dont get me wrong. Am not being rude :P

Kunal said...

the post was bout drawing class in primary school!! but i dont think i can draw, seriously...

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!