Sep 6, 2006

Finally..

Answering the question, 'What does your name mean?' has always been an easy one for most people. Never so for me. Since as long as I can remember, I've been asked that and the only answer I could give was that I have been named after the son of the great Emperor Ashoka. The next question would always be, 'Ok, thats where your name comes from, but what is the meaning of the word?'. I couldn't answer it. Nobody seemed to know. Then somewhere I read that it is similar to 'Kamal' and therefore it probably is another name for the Lotus. And that's what I started telling everyone. And then, after all this time, I finally might have found the answer.

Kunal is the name of a Himalayan bird with beautiful eyes. So Kunal means 'one with beautiful eyes'.

Gee!

____________________________________________

Got a link to this website today. For people who spend 6 of their 8 working hours 'googling', it meant a hearty laugh over it. And if there is anyone unconvinced about the superiority of Google over Yahoo! Search should definitely try it out.

www.gahooyoogle.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful eye eh bro? I say U keep em shades on. Kahi nazar na lag jae!

N sfar as names go, am a sweet. Bengali at that. N also stuff U send to other people.

Anonymous said...

That was me, Dobereinerr. Yur blog not allowin me to post a comment as me. Guess it don like mah name!

Kunal said...

thats cos i shifted to beta blogger...still some bugs...you either have to be using beta blogger urself..or you can still use the others option...

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hey, beautiul eyes!!!!!!! haha!!!!
and the site's sure a hilarious find!!!:)

how's the beta version better from a blogger's point???

Kunal said...

it isnt much different yet, but expected to be soon...new templates, easy drag and drop customizations, single google account login, etc....i have the link somewhere introducing it, will put it up if i find it from home...

Anonymous said...

hmm so your eyes are beautiful :)

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!