Feb 28, 2007

Here Comes The Rain Again...

Yesterday
On the way to office, while I was waiting at a redlight, a dark grey Bentley glides by like a silent jungle cat and parks itself on my left. Underneath the simplistic body and chrome, I could feel the pulsating throb of its bull engine and what it was capable of. At the same time, it could give me the experience of luxury in as small a space as that, wood panel finish, 6 cd changer and all that jazz. I turned my head the other side. A white grizzly bear with the initials Lexus Lx470 rumbles by and comes to rest on my other side, fumes coming out of its exhaust pipe, while the stunning offroader flirted with the smooth Delhi gravel. I move on ahead. The light on the Rajpath signal is green and yet the traffic does not move. I curse under my breath, its going to be late again. And then from the road emerging from Rashtrapati Bhavan, with a scream of red flashing beacons, a convoy of 8 white Toyota Corollas whiz by. Clock precision driving, each car within 3 feet of the one ahead, doing 60kph, each carrying some smug looking firangs. With a sigh, I turn to look ahead, beyond the driver of the green and yellow Bajaj CNG auto-rickshaw I was in.

He has a sadist streak in Him.


Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you

Here comes the rain again
Raining in my head like a tragedy
Tearing me apart like a new emotion
Oooooh
I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to kiss like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you

So baby talk to me
Like lovers do

Here Comes The Rain Again
- Annie Lennox

3 comments:

Black Tulip said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

u always seem to find just the right song that goes with the post.good conjugation

Kunal said...

oh...a lot of it is co-incidental...the song was playing the night i saw these beauties and it just happ to rain without warning...:D...like He'd heard it too!!!

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!