Apr 14, 2007

Coimbatore Diaries

It isnt time as yet for the sunset and yet the sun has gone into hiding. I can see the silhoutte of the Nilgiri range from the hotel room. It is a good room, with a big window, without any grills to obstruct the view. Somewhere, it is raining. I can sense it in the whiff of moist earth. I wish I could open the windows and let the fresh air in. But they're locked. I can hear nothing but the dull humm of the AC. There are a few birds flying around. The setting sun has cast an orange glow to the sky just above the line of the mountains. It feels like Ooty is calling me. I called my colleague up and asked if he was interested in making the three hour trip to the hillstation at night. We could get up early and explore the place at sunrise. The flight back from Coimbatore is at 230 pm. We would have a couple of hours of daylight before we will need to head back. It is alluring enough. I wish I had a camera, so I could share this view with somebody. I am hoping I can pick a good deal from the KL trip two weeks from now. Yes, this time and view wont repeat itself, but there will be others.

________________________

I asked Sis if she knew the names of our grandparents. Between the both of us, we know the name of only our paternal grandfather. I assume that is because Dad writes it with his name. I suppose that makes ours a dysfunctional family. I like that.

4 comments:

dobereinerr said...

Such a view and a locked window, that's criminal man. Reminds me of my first job. Was bang in the middle of many an office building but still there was vivid greenery around. Used to sit on the window sill, right on the edge, when in need of inspiration!
And between me, myself and I, I know the names of all my grandparents, although never had the privilege of meeting both my grandfathers... But mom sez am a rebirth of her pops. Guess that makes it up, a bit...

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

GET THE CAMERA!!!! and KL = Kuala Lumpur?????

twenty something said...

dysfunctional? :)

and u shoulda made tat trip.gr8 place.but it takes a week to savour it well.take a walk, not the regular tourist trails...gawd i love the place

Kunal said...

yes, dob...the window was locked, even though the sill outside was very enticing...fifth floor...read about your granddad on your blog...

moi, yep...kuala lumpur...going for 4 days end of this month...and its not on work this time around...:D...though fingers crossed..with my company plans change in minutes...

mustabe someone??? a week? i couldnt manage a day...work and my planning skills...

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!