Feb 9, 2009

Shoebite

Making a shoe is a very fine art*. Not everyone can makes shoes. Or chappals. When I was studying to give the entrance exam to Architecture, I studied under this eccentric old man who used to teach at Architecture School. He mustve been over 80 years old, had lost half his teeth, was a fan of Walter Groupius and all Bauhaus. In hindsight, he was a bit of an old lech, used to kiss his pupils (more girls than guys) on the cheek when he saw some good work. So this friend made a 'ladies chappal' out of cardboard, to which I didn't pay much attention. (Who though making a chappal was art then!!!). The only reason he probably didn't get a kiss was cos he was 6 foot 4 and kept moustaches. I was quite intimidated by the old man, though. He used to ridicule every generation after his, and half of his well. But I did make it to the School.

*Why I remember this? I bought a new pair of shoes that 'are' biting my ankles because the height of the shoe's side measured from the inside (sole to ankle) is more than what it should be. I shoudve known better than to buy shoes marketed by a company more known for its travel gear.

3 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i agree.......if it weren't art, you would not have women swooning over them all the time..... :)

Kunal said...

I hope i remm...never to write about bags now!

Sarad said...

try Puma

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!