Sep 30, 2006

kittey vi koi fark si / there wasn't any difference
har kise di koi shart si
/ they all had some condition
koi mangda mera si sama
/ some asked for my time
koi hunda surat te fida
/ some were fascinated with my face
koi mangda meri si vafa
/ some demanded my fidelity
na koi mangda merian bala
/ none wanted my demons

jiven rukia
/ (the) way you paused
si tun zara
/ slightly
nahion bhulna
/ i shan't forget
main sari umar
/ all my life

- Tere Bin
Rabbi Shergill

And the song was supposedly written for his mother


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

had been looking for those lyrics for quite long...and the meaning fascinated me too...
thanks

:-)

Anonymous said...

nice song...though i prefer "rooh nu sukoon"

Anonymous said...

hey!!!i guess its the same song!!!well,for me the song is centered along those words,'rooh nu sukoon'.so,kinda got confused.

Kunal said...

yeah...i always liked this song..though i never understood completely...After reading the lyrics, its even more nice...

Anonymous said...

hes got ta blog!!!..talented fella
jo.

Kunal said...

its not his, Jo...a few fans

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hey, i missed this post before....
aren't the lyrics soulful!!!!!
and yeah i have heard this one before that he wrote this song for his mom.........guess, it doesnt strike at the first go..............

Kunal said...

moi...i kinda rediscovered him after getting his lyrics and the translations...there's one he writes about his friends (gill-te-guitar) and then bout different cities (jugni)..the guy's put his heart into one album

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i havent heard much of him, kunal primarily coz i too need translation to undertand his lyrics.....maybe i should coz, he fascinates me..............

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!