Jan 28, 2009

Sunset at Miramar

Family, Sunset

Sunsets never fail to amaze me, what with their innumerable variables that contribute to making one, it is almost certain that dusk will never be the same as another. I took this on a recent trip to Goa. For most parts of the trip, the camera was left behind in the hotel room. The only time I couldn't resist bringing it along was when I was sure of a sunset I could behold. Took this at Miramar and no, there is no photoshopping here (though the urge was strong). The hues and saturated colors are as a result of fiddling with the various options on the camera, and is one of the many I was able to take before the batteries died out on me. I felt the snap turned out quite poignant, more in retrospect, since whenever I have a camera in hand, I am as greedy as a pig to get as many shots as possible with the result that I sometimes miss the 'natural' beauty I could experience.

p.s. Since, the frequency of posts on both this and the photoblog is as irregular as has been the past year, I am now planning to only continue posting on this blog, pictures, words, et all...Also, I have gone back to black, as before, hoping that the change in someway inspires me to be regular.

p.p.s. I was very tempted to title this 'Apocalypse Now'

2 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

there's something so beautiful and dreamy about every sunset........back in time when we lived close to the ocean, every time life became too hard to comprehend, we'd rush to the sea hoping the melting sun would take out stress with it......

i love the molten gold in the image, Kunal......so love it!

Kunal said...

yeah...sunsets are my fave times for outdoors...back those times it was the chirp of birds returning home, while I stood on the terrace, now its the steady buzz of the traffic waiting to get home after a long day...stress-busters...

thank you for the regular comments, moi!

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!