Oct 25, 2006

This and That

From the greentops of the Northern Mountainous Range to the arid landscapes of Rajasthan
From the gushing torrents of the Ganges to the dry riverbeds of Alwar
From stepped terraces leading to the river banks, to historic forts on hilltops
From ascetics, to doped out firangs, to honeymoon couples, and royalty
From smoothtalking urban dwellers to the sweet meaning village folk
From highrise air-conditioned business hotels, to chilly guesthouses, to 16' high heritage rooms
From politicians, to sophisticated business tycoons, to the next door baniya
From Italian coffee, to sweet masala chai, and beer
From Jodhpur spicy delicacies, to 2 bucks a pack beedi
From flyovers overlooking whizzing cars, to bridges hanging 80' over the river
From noisy cracker bursts, to gently floating diyas
From flights, to trains, cabs and rubber rafts...


'I have no concept of time, other than it is flying
If only I could kill the killer'
- All I Really Want
Alanis Morissette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good conjugation...:-)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

and while u absorb it all, do u feel enriched????? I'm so sure u do!!!! I left home almost 8 yrs back ...have been almost living a nomadic life ever since...it gets to me at times......i at times hate the uncertainity of it all..........i at times feel like what they say "making a home" ....but at the end of the day i know, all these experiences have helped shape me and I cant really hate them for that!!!!
guess, i went "on a slant" here.........have eben in strangest of moods these days .......pardon moi!!! :)

and enjoy the times........:)
tc!

Disclaimer

Every photograph on this blog (except the title background) has been taken by me. . . To view more, click on any of them to go to my Flickr page (link on sidebar too). Feel free to use them the way you like, no issues, though I wouldn't like it if someone passes them off as original work. Ta!